A guest post by Beth Samek, Community Manager for Artist’s Network University.
The Internet has fundamentally changed the way that modern educational institutions do business. From registering for classes to finding the right textbooks, going online puts all this just a few clicks away! Using the Internet for learning isn’t limited to college freshman, and it’s definitely not limited to big colleges either.
As community manager, using online learning to create communities of mixed media artists is just one of my goals at Artist’s Network University. By partnering with impressive mixed media artists such as Lisa L. Cyr and Maya Brym (work featured on the left) we’re able to bring artists of different skill levels, styles and approaches together to learn from each other as well as their teacher.
Simple online tools make discovering a new tip or technique for painting, drawing or mixed media easier than ever. So how can you know that you’re getting the best information from an artist that you can rely on? Avoid bad habits and advice by enrolling in a course from a trusted online art university like Artist’s Network University.
If you’re ready to take your learning beyond a simple YouTube search then Artist’s Network University might be your place. We offer the ability to learn on your own time, in your own space, while working with world-class instructors and interacting with fellow artists in the message board and Critic’s Corner features of the course. If your busy schedule, limited travel-options or budget are keeping you from taking an in-person course or workshop, Artist’s Network University gives you the chance to get personalized feedback on your work while avoiding those common obstacles.
Why choose Artist’s Network University?
- At Artist’s Network University we use the Blackboard interface, the same platform used by many major universities and colleges around the world. This gives us the opportunity to provide top quality courses to our students in addition to their course materials and instructor feedback.
- When you enroll in a course with us you’ll also get access to all the listed course materials as part of your tuition and you’ll receive access to the course so you can review the course syllabus prior to your course start date.
- Each assignment will be personally reviewed and critiqued by your instructor. Your instructor will also be available to you throughout the course via the Ask the Instructor feature in your course.
- All course materials you’ll need for reading and viewing each week is included in the price of your tuition.
- You’ll be part of a community of artists that love to learn and expand their creative mind and interact with each other.
We like to think that, here at Artist’s Network University, we have something for all artists. I’m always adding new sessions and courses to our course calendar too. You can see a complete listing of our current courses here and learn more about each of our great instructors here.
If you’re looking to learn more about each course, you can find the complete course syllabus on each course page at ArtistsNetworkUniversity.com.
Starting in July, our mixed-media artists might particularly enjoy Composition: The Foundation of Your Art with Sharon Weaver starting and Inspirational Mixed Media Art Techniques with Lisa Cyr starting on July 23rd and there’s still time to register for the June 25th session of Collage, Painting, and Two-Dimensional Design: A Mixed Media Approach with Maya Brym.