ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Encaustic artist and author Michelle Belto will spend the hour with us talking all things wax, beginning with a primer on the basics -- the history, ingredients, necessary tools and materials -- and safety (if you've never tried it before, it safer than you think -- Michelle will debunk some common misconceptions). Next we'll move into the good stuff -- you'll be introduced to several tenets of working in encaustic -- working under the wax, on top of the wax and in the wax. Finally, you'll get a sneak peek at the future of encaustic -- the medium has definitely encountered a resurgence of late and the possibilities will amaze you! Then, of course, we will have a Q&A session, so if you have questions, start making your notes now!
Won't you join us?
(Just a reminder -- Space is limited!)For a sneak peak, check out the Wax and Paper Workshop Bonus Content page. And learn a bit more about Wax and Paper Workshop here. REGISTER NOW > ABOUT MICHELLE BELTO "My whole life has been about the absolute joy of creating art." Michelle Belto has been an artist and teacher since 1971. She holds a BA degree in Education, teaching certifications in Art and Theater, and an MA from John F Kennedy University in Arts & Consciousness. Her work as a performer, presenter and visual artist spans more than thirty years, three continents and thirteen publications. Michelle Belto is a traditional artist working in non-traditional media. She creates her own canvases from hand-made paper and then paints on these amazing forms with colored layers of molten beeswax. Her contemporary paintings sit on the wall like sculpture. Rich in texture with a luminous quality that is hard to describe, viewers of her work often can’t help themselves from reaching out to touch the art. Belto has exhibited throughout the United States in such venues as the Texas Museum of Fiber Arts Austin, Texas; Victor Fisher Gallery Oakland, California; the West Bend Gallery of Fine Arts West Bend, Indiana; and M2 Gallery, Houston, TX. She has been a featured presenter in such conferences as the National Catholic Educational Association, New Orleans, Lousiana; the International Dance Fellowship Conference, Sydney, Australia; and Convergence, National Visioning Conference, Chicago, Illinois. She has written and produced numerous scripts including Hildegard of Bingen a full length one woman play that she performed throughout the United States and Canada. Her most recent grant, Creative Capital, was awarded by the San Antonio Cultural Arts Department to further her career as a visual artist. Michelle Belto now works full time as a visual artist, living in the Texas hill country with her husband and a menagerie of furry creatures. You can learn more about Michelle and her work via her website, MichelleBelto.com, and her blog, Wax and Paper blog. You'll also find Michelle on Facebook and Twitter -- just search her name. REGISTER NOW >
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our webinar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- A webinar-related web page will serve as an easy reference for any content or special offers promoted during the webinar.