Style, Discovery and Friendship
With Lisa Pace and Ronda Palazzari
In this webinar, BFFs Lisa M. Pace (author of Delight in the Details and Delight in the Seasons) and Ronda Palazzari (author of Art of Layers) team up to show YOU what’s possible when you open yourself up to something a little different from your usual personal style. The conversation finishes up with a Q & A and details about special offers. You’ll learn:
- A variety of techniques – from stitching to masking, from watercolor to collage, from layering to casting.
- How to adapt your personal style to use unfamiliar techniques and materials in a manner true to your personal aesthetic.
- How to work with your crazy friends and still have fun and be productive!
Missed the webinar? Or just want to relive the fun? Here you go:
While Lisa and Ronda may have very different aesthetics and styles when it comes to their mixed media creations, they do have one thing in common. They use the same products, just in different ways. If you want to try out some of the awesome products they mentioned during the webinar, check out the deals below. And remember, these prices are only available for a limited time through the North Light Shop.
Four color sets of Copic markers are available, each at least 10% off!
If you like Lisa’s color palette, try Pastels or Earthy shades.
Maybe you’re drawn to Ronda’s vibrant, rainbow-organized colors. Try the Basic colors or Brights.
BASICS Acrylic Paint and Brush Sets Special Offers!
BASICS Acrylic Paints are available in 12 piece, and 36 piece sets are 30%. Really want to stock up? The 48 piece set is just $39.99 (39% off)! Each set contains an assortment of the most popular colors in 22ml tubes.
BASICS Paint Brushes in 4 piece, 5 piece and 6 piece sets are all available at 30%. The different sizes in each set are great for actual painting, of course. But they’re also perfect for Lisa’s various sized polka dots using the handle tips!
You might also be interested in:
Have you ever wanted to paint rust on something to give it the illusion of the best antique treasure that you have ever found? Heather Sleightholm in Sharing Stitches, by Chrissie Grace, can teach you just the trick. Learn how you can “rust” fabric, ribbon, metal and more to make the most beautifully aged remembrance piece that you could ever imagine, by clicking here.
Layers by Shari Carroll
Layers provides simple step-by-step directions for essential papercrafting techniques, including distressing, sewing, transfers, stamping with wax, and much more. Create a stunning layout and exquisite design through the art of layering with your next paper project!
Layered, Tattered, and Stitched by Ruth Rae
Learn how to create fabric art with incredible depth and meaning in Layered, Tattered & Stitched. Mixed-media artist Ruth Rae expands your creativity as she shows you how to singe, tear, stain, layer and stitch fabric and paper for amazing texture and visual interest. Explore both traditional and atypical sewing techniques combined with collage, beading and photo transfers to make gifts, wall hangings, accessories and more.
About Ronda Palazzari:
Ronda Palazzari is a 2009 Memory Makers Master and an active member of the mixed-media and scrapbooking community. From September 2009 to September 2010, she has had 43 pieces of her works published in magazines or idea books. Ronda lives in Thornton, Colorado (near Denver) and has just had her first book, Art of Layers, published by North Light Books. She’s best known for combining her mixed-media techniques with scrapbooking, but Ronda is one to follow because you never know if she will be sewing or getting messy with paints; her craft changes day-to-day.
About Lisa Pace
Lisa M. Pace loves all things that sparkle, show dimension and look vintage. Her first memory of creating a project was as a three-year-old child, sitting at the kitchen table with her mom. From then on, she devoted her life to honing her skills as a mixed- media artist. Her most recent artistic outlet has been papercrafting. Since 2005, she has had numerous items published in magazines and idea books. In May 2007, Lisa was selected as one of five master scrapbookers in Martha Stewart’s scrapbooking contest, and she was chosen as a 2008 Memory Makers Master. In 2010, Lisa’s highly popular technique-based book Delight in the Details was published by North Light Books and Delight in the Seasons was published in 2012. Lisa’s work is marked by her ability to rethink and reuse. Her commitment to always add that special embellishment sets her work apart from others. Lisa currently lives in Frisco, Texas, with her husband and two daughters. She says that the heart of her designs is “in the details.”
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT OUR WEBINARS
What is a webinar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our webinar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- A webinar-related web page will serve as an easy reference for any content or special offers promoted during the webinar.