Eager to learn more about Barbara Lewis’ unique torch-firing enamel technique? Would you love to attend a workshop, or even better yet, spend some quality one-on-one time with Barbara? Well, now you can!
In this dynamic workshop, Barbara Lewis, author of the popular Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry, introduces the basics of torch-firing enamel and demonstrates how metal becomes the canvas for creating beautiful beads and jewelry elements in stunning color.
- Learn the basics of enameling tools and setting up a workstation.
- Explore step-by-step applications for working with transparent and opaque enamels, working with assorted shapes, enameling delicate objects, creating your own head pins and more.
- 70 minutes of premier workshop instruction.
Watch a preview of Torch-Fired Enamel Basics here:
And watch as Barbara teaches our intrepid editors to fire their very first beads in this video outtake:
Creative Torch-Fired Enamel Techniques Create beautiful beads and jewelry elements as metal becomes your canvas when you learn the basics of torch-fired enamel jewelry. Barbara Lewis will introduce you to a variety of creative enamel applications, from working with liquid enamels to working with decals to creating firescale designs. This video is structured around the creating of a wonderful no-solder bezel bracelet and includes full instructions on a variety of metalworking techniques.
- Discover creative enameling techniques such as adding decals, combining colors and over-firing.
- Step-by-step techniques show you how to create a stunning finished no-solder bezel bracelet that combines metalworking with enameling.
- 75 minutes of premier workshop instruction.
And don’t miss our interview with Barbara:
And if you are interested and haven’t already picked up a copy of Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelry, here’s a little teaser:
Torch-Fired Enamel Jewelrycombines beading and wire-working techniques with the intense beauty of torch-fired enameled beads. Metal becomes your canvas as you learn the basics of enameling with a torch, then dive into 22 exquisite pieces, ranging from quirky ?cattywampus? earrings to ethereal pendants to delicate multi-stranded necklaces. Find out how easy it is to create unique and colorful enamel pieces in this innovative, comprehensive guide to the world of torch-fired enameling. Inside you’ll find:
- A hands-on, in-depth approach to enameling beads, pendants and other metal findings using a torch instead of a kiln
- An extensive enameling workshop, with information on equipment, materials and safety considerations
- Tips and tricks for making truly unique pieces: learn how to modulate color, create burnt edges and manipulate the gas/oxygen ratio to achieve color flashes and smoky hazes.
- Jewelry and metal-working techniques, from wire-wrapping to etching copper sheet, that create a perfect backdrop to your stunning enamel creations.