An Exploration of Zentangle® Art, Designs and Patterns
We have a webinar video!
Thank you for being patient as we worked through those issues. After you watch the video, don’t forget to scroll down to find Zentangle material specials from the North Light Shop, a Zentangle tutorial, information about Kass Hall and information about future webinars!
About the Webinar:
What exactly is this crazy new art we are hearing so much about?
It’s a kind of drawing, right? Or doodling? Looks easy—like anyone can do it, right? So what’s the big deal?
Kass Hall, the author of the new book Zentangle® Untangled (the first full-length title focused completely on the exciting medium of Zentangle!), breaks it down and shares how and why Zentangle® is so much more than you might think it is. Along the way, Kass shows dozens of images of unique Zentangle art, patterns and designs that will be sure to inspire you to try Zentangle for yourself!
Special Offers: **Some special offers mentioned in the webinar recording may no longer be available.**
The first full-length book about Zentangle!
Available at a 35% discount from the North Light Shop!
This set includes 5 Sakura micron pens, 1 Zentangle graphite pencil and 5 Zentangle tiles.
Available in the North Light Shop for 18% off the list price!
You might also like:
Doodles Unleashed by Traci Bautista
Doodle, draw, paint and play! With Doodles Unleashed, you’ll discover wildly new ways to bring doodling center-stage! Traci Bautista teaches you how to use doodling as a meditative exercise, a raw form of expression and a vehicle for telling your personal story. Work with an arsenal of creative tools, from markers, pencils and pens to stamps, stencils, inks and paints, to find unique, intuitive ways to make your mark.
About Kass Hall
Kass Hall is a mixed-media artist and instructor from Melbourne,
Australia, who has explored many art forms over the years, including scrapbooking, painting, sculpture and graphic design. Her current art focuses on art journaling and drawing with an emphasis on Zentangle. Kass has a Bachelor of Visual Art and Graduate Diploma in Secondary Education and is now working toward a Master of Visual Arts at Monash University. She is also a Certified Zentangle® Teacher. Her work has been published in For Keeps Scrapbooking, Scrapbooking Memories Australia, Scrapbook Creations and Cloth Paper Scissors Studios.
You can find Kass online:
Kass’s website and blog: KassHall.com
Kass on Facebook: Kass Hall – Artist
Kass on Twitter: @SunnyHall
Kass on Flickr: Kass Hall’s Photostream
Kass on Pinterest: Kass Hall
We know how much you love these free webinars with your favorite artists and we’ve got several more in the works. Register for these webinars now and add the dates to your calendar! (Don’t worry, we’ll post more details about these webinars in the near future!)
When: Wednesday, August 29 at 4 PM (EDT)
About: The Journal Junkies will be talking about their newly released book Journal Fodder 365.
When: Thursday, September 27 at 1 PM (EDT)
About: Michelle Belto will be elaborating on her book Wax and Paper Workshop, set to be released in mid- September.
When: Thursday, October 25 at 1 PM (EDT)
About: Thomas Mann will be addressing topics from his book, Metal Artist’s Workbench and his forthcoming DVDs Learn to Use the Jeweler’s Saw and Jeweler’s Saw Projects.
Frequently Asked Questions about Webinars
What is a webinar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our webinar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- A webinar-related web page will serve as an easy reference for any content or special offers promoted during the webinar.
MORE RESOURCES FOR MIXED MEDIA ARTISTS