Craft Month 2013: Preview Our Art Journaling Workbooks
North Light Books editor, Kristy Conlin has curated four art journaling workbooks to be released in May 2013 that will have something for everyone. From the person who is brand new to art journaling, to those who want more advanced mixed-media art journaling techniques, to those who have a story to tell, to those who love to doodle and draw– we have a workbook for you. Read more about each book below or click on the cover to pre-order a copy.
As a Craft Month 2013 special, you can download preview PDFs from all four art journaling workbooks here:
stART Journaling: An Art Journaling Workbook edited by Kristy Conlin
Getting started is the hardest part, isn’t it? Well that all ends here. stART Journaling: An Art Journal Workbook
is an instruction guide and workbook created to help you eliminate all fear and anxiety of creating your first (or second or third) art journal page.
With more than a dozen techniques from some of our best authors, you’ll have no trouble finding ways to begin. Guaranteed. And the best part? The journal is included! You’ll find 60+ lightly textured pages right inside this book, and that means you never have to start on a scary, white page.
Included in stART Journaling
Mixed Media Storytelling Workbook: Art Journaling Inspiration, Words and Prompts edited by Kristy Conlin
- Step-by-step demos and tips on dozens of art journaling techniques.
- Prompts and art journaling inspiration to help you get started, including a gallery of some amazing art journaling pages.
- Abundant space to journal right inside this book.
You know you’ve got one! And Mixed Media Storytelling Workbook: Art Journaling Inspiration, Words and Prompts
is here to help you tell it and turn it into a personal and meaningful work of art. No matter where you are in your journey, this art journaling workbook is the perfect companion.With twenty techniques, projects and words of wisdom from some of our best-selling authors, it is easier than ever to find the inspiration you need. Plus, you’ll have plenty of space for adding photos, collages and more in the 75+ lightly textured pages here, in your
book. So what are you waiting for? Document your story for yourself, or the world!Inside this Workbook:
- Dozens of tips, prompts and techniques to help you create your story.
- Advice and encouragement from eight of our favorite authors.
- More than eighty pages for you to tell your tale in the most artful way possible— your way!
Drawing can be anything you want, especially in your
art journal. So if you think you can’t draw, well, Doodle, Draw, Journal: An Art Journaling Workbook
is here to prove you wrong
. And to provide you with the guidance and inspiration you need to make sure everything YOU draw (or doodle) represents YOU.Featuring step-by-step demos from some of your favorite authors, you’ll learn how to draw cool, stylized faces, decorative borders, graffiti and more. Much more. Plus, you’ll find more than 75 pages of gently textured space to work so you can truly make this book your own.Doodle, Draw, Journal
- 18 demonstrations for drawing techniques such as silhouettes, flourishes, contours and faces
- Oodles of doodling prompts so you’re never left drawing a blank
- Ample space for you to doodle, draw and journal right inside this book
Mixed Media Techniques for Art Jouranling: A Workbook of Collage, Transfers and More edited by Kristy Conlin
And you’re going to make it. It’s time to take your art journal to the next level and Mixed Media Techniques for Art Journaling: A Workbook of Collage, Transfers and More
will help you do that and much more. In this collection are some of the most inspired mixed-media art journaling techniques and projects, and you’ll want to do them all. Fortunately for you, there’s space right inside this book to do just thatSo what kind of amazing ideas might you find? How about image transfers, layered and textured backgrounds, journal necklaces, journal swaps and more? These plus inspiration and encouragement to experiment and adapt them to your style await you.But most importantly, you can get started right now! What are you waiting for? This journal won’t fill itself!Inside Mixed Media Techniques for Art Journaling
- More than 25 step-by-step demonstrations for mixed-media techniques like inkblot drawing, artist trading cards and making your own journals
- Tips and prompts for using your journal as a springboard for art outside the journal
- Dozens of textured pages for planning, practicing and journaling inside the book
You may also like these articles: