If you missed the Art Journal Inspiration webinar, don’t fret! You can watch the video here and find lots of cool deals to help you get started with your visual journaling.
After you watch the video, don’t forget to scroll down to find specials from the North Light Shop, a Journal Fodder tutorial, information about Eric Scott and David Modler, and information about future webinars!
ABOUT THE WEBINAR:
Want more how-to in your mixed media webinar?
Well, be careful what you wish for!
Authors Eric Scott and David Modler (Journal Fodder 365 and Journal Junkies Workshop) have an action-packed hour in store for you, as they present EVERYTHING you could possibly need to know to create AMAZING art journal pages.
We’re not just talking one little prompt and maybe an easy-peasy technique or two. Nope.
How about FOUR rich, fulfilling and introspective prompts based around the concept of Personal Mythologies and Histories? And how about EIGHT (yes, you read the right: eight) easy techniques that, when layered together, yield journal pages you never dreamt of?
Visit the North Light Shop and take an extra 15% off the following items when you use COUPON CODE FODDER (Coupon code valid through Saturday, September 8, 2012):
Price with coupon code = $11.99
Price with coupon code = $12.74
Tin with 24 pencils
Art GRIP Colored Pencils have an ergonomic triangular shape and a soft-GRIP-zone for comfort. The thick, highly pigmented 3.3mm leads are SV-bonded to resist breakage. These pencils have a smooth color laydown, and come in brilliant colors that are fade resistant, water-soluble, and acid-free. They are also eco-friendly with a water-based varnish.
Price with coupon code = $20.39
Take an additional 15% percent any items in the Art Journaling category in the North Light Shop. In this category you will find DVDs and technique downloads in addition to a huge variety of books, like Doodles Unleashed, Raw Art Journaling and Artist’s Journal Workshop. Don’t forget to use the coupon code!
And the coupon code does not apply to the following, but it is a great value and if you are in the market for watercolors, we strongly recommend these:
14 Half Pans
This half pan set is housed in a compact travel case with a sable brush and a sliding palette drawer. It has 14 luminous colors in an Impressionist’s palette for all subjects.
SALE PRICE = $66.38 (42% off the list price)
David R. Modler is an artist/educator born and raised in Baltimore, Maryland. He earned his Bachelor of Science and Master of Education degrees in Art Education from Towson State University and a Master of Fine Arts from James Madison University. David currently lives and works in Shepherdstown, WV.
Eric M. Scott is an artist and a National Board Certified Teacher born and raised in Washington, Pennsylvania. He earned his Bachelor of Science in Art Education from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania, and currently lives in Purcellville, VA.
Since coming to the visual journal over a decade ago, it has become a major force in both David and Eric’s personal growth and creative development, and both use the visual journal format extensively in their own lives. Combined, they have filled more than thirty volumes of visual journals and seem to never be without their journals. With a combined thirty-five years of teaching experience, Dave and Eric have used the visual journals in their classrooms and have implemented them in a variety of ways into their curricula teaching their students a variety of techniques, ideas, and concepts to use in the visual journal
In 2005, they teamed up together to officially become the Journal Fodder Junkies (JFJ). As the Journal Fodder Junkies, Dave and Eric have implemented a variety of workshops on the ways of the journal to all who seek its creative power. Since inception, the Journal Fodder Junkies have provided formal and informal presentations at a variety of schools, universities, conferences, and institutions.
Please click here to find out about the workshops that the Journal Fodder Junkies provide.
We know how much you love these free webinars with your favorite artists and we’ve got several more in the works. Register for these webinars now and add the dates to your calendar! (Don’t worry, we’ll post more details about these webinars in the near future!)
When: Thursday, September 27 at 1 PM (EDT)
About: Michelle Belto will be elaborating on her book Wax and Paper Workshop, set to be released in mid- September.
When: Thursday, October 25 at 1 PM (EDT)
About: Thomas Mann will be addressing topics from his book, Metal Artist’s Workbench and his forthcoming DVDs Learn to Use the Jeweler’s Saw andJeweler’s Saw Projects.
Frequently Asked Questions about Webinars
What is a webinar?
- It is a live, online event that you view on your computer at a specific day and time. Think of it as a workshop right in your living room.
- Our events are scheduled on Eastern Standard Time (EST), so if you are in a different time zone, you will need to take scheduling into account — for example 1 PM EST = 12 PM CST, and so on…
What are the technical requirements for participating in an online seminar?
- You need a computer and a reliable broadband connection, as well as a Web browser (e.g., Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
What can I do during an online seminar?
- Hear the presenter deliver the workshop (via phone or VOIP)
- See visuals from the presenter’s computer (e.g., PowerPoint, web browser, or any document they wish to share)
- Ask the presenter questions in real time
What if I have any technical problems getting into the seminar?
- We have technical support on hand to help you. Nearly 100% of our attendees don’t have any trouble after we assist them. You can sign on at least 10 minutes before the session is scheduled to begin, giving you time to ask questions if you have any trouble.
- Our webinar system will work with both Macs and PCs.
What happens if I miss something during the seminar?
- Approximately 24 hours after the seminar ends, you will receive an email which includes information on how to access and watch the recording of the session for a full year.
- A webinar-related web page will serve as an easy reference for any content or special offers promoted during the webinar.
MORE RESOURCES FOR MIXED MEDIA ARTISTS