- Most importantly, we look for originality in scrapbooking. We love seeing something we haven’t seen done before—a new take on an old scrapbooking technique, an inventive use of store-bought supplies, a fresh color palette—we get so excited to see this.
- We like when people take on our challenges. We have them listed on our website to give you an idea of what we’re looking for. We always welcome general submissions, but pay attention to our challenges as well. If we put out a call for them, it means that’s a big part of what we’re looking for.
- We want to know what or who inspires you. If you created a piece that was inspired by something or someone you’ve seen, we want to know that. Not only is it proper etiquette to give where credit is due, but as creative people ourselves we’re fascinated by where inspiration comes from.
- Construction is important to us. (Part of this entails knowing what type of adhesive to use on your project so that it doesn’t fall apart before reaching us. Don’t worry; if anything does fall off during shipping, we’ll always contact you to let you know.) It also means making sure glue globs are cleaned off before you send it in.
- Did I say we like originality? I can’t express it enough (though I will attempt to in a future podcast with Ricë). We don’t want to see you copy another scrapbook artist. We don’t want to see something you made in another artist’s workshop. We want to see you flex your creative muscles and create something of your own.
MORE RESOURCES FOR MIXED MEDIA ARTISTS * Find great books, DVDs, downloads & more for mixed media artists! * Sign up for your FREE email newsletter for great tips, projects & more... * Download free mixed media desktop wallpapers!