*Guest post by Victoria Rose Martin.
Do you want something for free? It’s a silly question because of who doesn’t! If you’re anything like me your heart may flutter at the very thought of a free do-dad. Let me ask you, what could you do to entice people to regularly visit you online? Is there anything you could create and give it away for free?
In an effort to practice what I preach, this month I am including free summer time printables. Feel free to use these for your next get together and create an al fresco picnic even Yogi Bear would envy. Or if you’re so inspired you can use them as hang tags for your latest creations at a craft fair where you want to sell your work. I don’t care how you use them, just know you can print and use them as you like.
1. First thing on my list of free printables are invitations. Use the template below to invite the coolest people to the hottest gathering on the block.
2. Now that you’ve invited the hippest people on the block to your soirée, you need place settings. The images below can be printed, cut in half on the dotted line and then folded. Write the name of each guest on a card to avoid awkward seating arrangements.
3. In my eyes nothing says relaxed and sweet quite like a bunting. Print the templates below on card stock and thread them on string. Hang them around your patio to create a festive feel. Enlarge them if you want more oomph.
4. And seriously, don’t you hate it when you set your cup down at a party only to turn back and you’re not quite sure which one is yours? It will never happen again if you use these free straw tags. Pick your beverage of choice, insert a nice long straw and slide on a tag. Never again will you have to stress out over sipping the wrong beverage.
5. And finally I know some of you refuse to drink your beverage of choice from a cup with a bendy straw. If you’re anything like me, and you prefer to drink straight from a frosty bottle please use the bottle bands below. Simply print them and write your name on the blank area. A dab of glue or clear tape will keep the band secure. Or score a slot on one side and insert tab into slot. Simple.
These little printables are meant to get you thinking about what you can do to get traffic moving towards your website or social media. Give people a reason to visit and visit often. Having a good business plan doesn’t always require stacks of cash. Sometimes a vivid imagination can be just what you need.
In closing I wish you the most wonderful summer party and if you print these out be sure to send photos and for goodness sake be sure to post pictures on your blog. Victoria Rose Martin is an artist and designer currently living in South Florida. She is the Department Chair for Fine Art and Graphic Design at Palm Beach State College in Lake Worth, Florida. You can visit her website at: VictoriaRoseMartin.com.Check out 2015 Artist's & Graphic Designer's Market and 2015 Crafter's Market for more best practices for selling your artwork.