Welcome to the Wax and Paper Workshop Bonus Page! First, A little about the book:
You’ll Love This Book If:
- You love to work with encaustic paint
- You want to try nontraditional surface for encaustic painting
- You’re looking for tips on making handmade paper perfect for encaustic painting
Explore how to work with paper and wax in new, interesting & innovative ways with the latest title from Michelle Belto. If you’re a paper enthusiast, a mixed media enthusiast or both Wax and Paper Workshop will show you mixed media tips & tricks that will take your art to the next level.
Wax and Paper Workshop includes more than 20 step-by-step demonstrations showing you everything you need to know about working with encaustic paint and paper. This combination of several mixed-media elements will appeal to a wide range of mixed media artists and give you the freedom to express your own artistic voice. This encaustic painting book is great for intermediate artists looking to experiment & refine their encaustic talents.
In Wax and Paper Workshop You’ll Learn:
- How to work with commercial paper when encaustic painting
- How to prepare paper substrates for wax
- Basic techniques for painting with encaustic paint & other mixed media materials
About Michelle Belto:
Michelle Belto’s work as a presenter, artist and teacher spans more than thirty years, three continents and thirteen publications. She is on the board or a member of several encaustic organizations including International Encaustic Artists and Texas Wax. She will be an instructor at 2012’s Encausticamp–a retreat organized by Encaustic Workshop author, Patricia Baldwin-Seggebruch. She was the 2009 Creative Capital Grant recipient from the City of San Antonio Cultural Arts and she is also an adjunct faculty member at the Southwest School of Art where she continues her post-graduate work.
On this bonus page, you’ll find:
- A bonus technique – how to embed a photo into an encaustic piece – fully stepped out with photos and text
- A gallery of original art pieces by Michelle
- A video field trip that will give you a bit of insight into the joyousness that is Michelle Belto and will open up your eyes to unconventional materials and tools
- A gallery of photos culled from our video field trip